How To Clean Your Riverside Home Fast!
So you have company coming in an hour and the house is a mess?
Or maybe you’ve just been putting off those chores and want to get it over with as quickly as possible. So, how do you clean your house fast?
When I was in college I worked a couple summers as a hotel maid and house cleaner. I picked up a few tricks and I’m telling you that yes, you can clean an ENTIRE average size house in an hour but it takes work-and focus! No getting distracted while gathering up those old magazines, or checking your phone for the latest on Facebook. If you keep moving and follow this guide you’ll have that house sparkling in no time!
HOW TO CLEAN HOUSE FAST!
Start at the Top
No matter what room you’re cleaning, clean from the top down so that dirt and dust from higher surfaces falls on lower surfaces that haven’t yet been cleaned. Dust ceiling fans, then furniture wiping dirt directly on the floor. Clean all of the floors as your last step to remove the dirt and dust.
Bedrooms-6 minutes per bedroom
- Strip linens and remake beds. When making beds rather than hunch over tucking bottom sheets under the mattress use one hand to lift the corner while tucking the sheet with the other.
- Clear all clutter, if you’re in a hurry gather clutter in a spare basket or bin for later organization and tuck out of sight in a closet.
- Wipe down furniture with a dusting spray and microfiber cloth, working top to bottom.
Bathrooms-7 minutes per bathroom
- I like to clean all of my bathrooms at once-make a quick trip around all the bathrooms in the house to clear counters and spray counters and tubs with cleaner, allow to sit while you clean toilets and wipe down the outer toilet surface.
- Go back and wipe down counters and rinse tub then clean mirrors.
- Come back to clean the floors when cleaning the kitchen floor.
Living/Dining Rooms-7 minutes
- Clear all clutter.
- Starting in one corner of the room and working around dust all surfaces top to bottom. (If you have blinds and/or ceiling fans, dust those first.)
- Use an upholstery attachment and vacuum upholstered furniture.
- Vacuum floors along with all house carpeting as last cleaning step.
- Load all dirty dishes in the dishwasher and fill sink with hot soapy water. If your stove top has removable burner pieces that need to be cleaned, place in water as well.
- Clear counters.
- Dunk sponge in hot water and squeeze out excess, wipe down cabinets, counters and other surfaces again working top to bottom. Rinse sponge in hot water as you clean-you’ll be amazed how much dirt comes off!
- Wipe down appliances.
- Finish cleaning any stove pieces and replace.
- Clean floors last along with all hard flooring surfaces in the house.
Floors-15 minutes whole house
- When vacuuming carpeted rooms work your way backwards out of the room moving quickly and without too much overlap to save time.
- Vacuum, don’t sweep hard floors-use an attachment to get corners where dust and pet hair can accumulate. This helps prevent kicking dust into the air that will quickly settle again and aggravating allergies.
- Steam mops or Hardwood Floor Cleaners also make cleaning hard surfaces much faster than traditional mops, so I highly recommend investing in one of those to keep your cleaning quick!
As a SERVPRO Franchise, we have access to SERVPRO Industries, Inc. resources and technology. Part of this includes the large range of cleaning products SERVPRO has developed. Over the years SERVPRO Industries has strived to develop green chemicals that are safe for your home and family as well as the environment. We have been members of the EPA’s Design for Environment (EPA/DFE) initiative for a longtime. This allows us access to resources that help in formulating environmentally friendly cleaning products, known as “Green” chemistry. Our most notable green cleaning products are highlighted below.
Carpet & Upholstery Green Clean #251: This product is designed for cleaning both carpet and upholstery. It is truly a “one product does all” in that it can be used as a spotter, pre-spray and in-line cleaner for use with a variety of equipment.
All Surface Green Clean #250: This is an environmentally friendly alternative to traditional surface cleaners. The product is designed as a one product cleans all for surfaces that can be wiped or mopped. It can safely be used on walls, ceilings, countertops, floors, etc. The exclusive formulation contains both ionic and non-ionic surfactants that are naturally derived and provide excellent multi-functional cleaning.
Window Green Clean #249: This cleaner is an environmentally friendly alternative to traditional glass cleaners. The product is formulated with soft water to eliminate spotting and streaking.
You should be able to handle most of the cleaning around your house, but for any of those tough stains - give us a call! We can help! SERVPRO of West Riverside City has the industry experience and expertise to provide a deeper clean than your basic home cleaning service.
We're here to make things easier for you.
Need cleaning services?
Give us a call today! - (951)351-8033