What is Really Going on Behind Closed Doors
What do all the following have in common?
Crime Scene Clean Up, Meth Labs, Vandalism, Unattended Deaths, Flooding, Sewage, Smoke Damage, Mold, Hoarders, Infectious Disease Contamination, Bat Guano, Homeless Encampment Clean Up, Medical Waste, Industrial Accidents, Animal Feces, Suicide and Flooding
They are ALL Bio-hazards!!!
Unfortunately, bio-hazard claims tend to be very expensive. Most of us do not plan to handle a bio hazard situation. Whether you are a homeowner, insurance agent, property manager or real estate broker some of the issues you are apt to face include:
- Health & Safety of occupants/insured
- Cost to clean the bio-hazard
- Response times of cleaning company—longer response times increases damage and cost
- Selling or renting a property after a bio-hazard/stigmatized properties
- Stalling sales time
- Disclosure issues and liability
What can you do about it? Well, it is nearly impossible and quite unimaginable to plan for a bio-hazard situation, but here are some tips that may help:
Have a plan and a reliable company you can turn to in a time of crisis.
Know who to call?---I hear SERVPRO is very GOOD
- Faster response times will limit and/or reduce damages.
- Use certified and reputable vendors with bio-hazard experience and training in order to reduce liability and overall cost.
Remember to have compassion for the clients
- Keep in mind that clients are often traumatized by these incidents.
- Fast restoration response times go a long way towards helping clients move forward emotionally.
- Use professional vendors that are trained to treat clients with compassion.
Find out about the procedures and relative costs of a bio-hazard clean up
- Bio-hazards can be one of the most expensive claims, but if you have an idea of what your restoration vendor will be doing it will help you to understand the costs better and guard against bad vendor price gouging.
- Use vendors that have a scientific and approved protocol for addressing a bio-hazard
- Check out this link to The Insurance Journal to get an idea of what procedures are followed by professional bio-hazard restoration vendors.
Dealing with a biohazard can be very traumatic and at times confusing. SERVPRO is a specialized vendor that is trained and certified to deal with bio-hazard situations. If you have questions concerning bio-hazard issues, give us a call at 951-351-8033 and we will be happy to answer any of your questions.
SERVPRO of West Riverside City has the certification to handle BIOHazard, bloodborne pathogens, or infectious disease. We can handle all emergencies.
SERVPRO of West Riverside