Common Places to Find Mold
Mold spores are present indoors and outdoors and do not pose a major problem until they find an environment that is conducive to growth. If you have noticed a mold or mildew smell in a commercial property, check five of the most common places for signs of visible mold. If you smell mold but cannot find any evidence, you should contact a service in Riverside, CA that provides mold testing services.
1. Near water sources: Mold requires moisture to thrive. Bathrooms and kitchens are more likely to develop a mildew smell and mold than drier and less humid areas. Other parts of the building exposed to water may run the risk of developing mold.
2. Appliances: Appliances that process water such as air conditioners or water heaters are also prone to developing mold. Condensate or drain pans and terminal units are common locations for mold colonies.
3. Ductwork: HVAC systems expose ductwork to humid air. If condensation accumulates in duct linings or a leak occurs, mold can develop. Make sure that air-flow rates are set at an appropriate level.
4. Walls: Condensation, roof leaks or mechanical system leaks can lead to the growth of visible or hidden mold within walls. Moist masonry or wallboard is particularly susceptible to mold growth.
5. Ceiling tiles: Depending on the material, ceiling tiles can absorb moisture that encourages the development of mold. Several common culprits include condensation from pipes, humidity around HVAC vents and leaks.
Inspect any part of a property with a mildew smell for visible mold, but do not try to find hidden mold. If you happen to disturb a colony in your search, you can spread many more mold spores throughout a property. If you are concerned about mold growth in a commercial property in Riverside, CA contact a service that specializes in mold testing and clean-up as soon as possible.
Visit http://www.SERVPROwestriversidecity.com for more information on mold.