Prevent Mold Growth in Bathrooms, Riverside, CA
Fighting mold in your bathroom? That’s because showers, sinks, bathtubs and toilets are each high producers of lingering moisture, creating the perfect environment for mold to grow in.
The good news is, there are preventative measures you can take to help combat mold growth in these areas, and stop it from spreading to the rest of your home:
- Make sure your bathroom is properly ventilated. Ventilation is key in regulating the amount of moisture in the air and keeps it from settling on surfaces where mold can grow. If you have a fan, make sure it is on or a window is open while you are showering so the steam can be directed away from the rest of the room.
- Once you finish taking a bath or shower, allow your bathroom fan to run for at least 30 minutes longer. This will give the air time to circulate.
- Mildew-resistant materials to the rescue! If you have a shower curtain or window curtains in your bathroom, make sure they are mildew resistant so mold can’t grow on them.
- Wipe down your shower often. Wiping down your shower after using it removes any lingering moisture that otherwise would have no place to go.
- Wash your shower curtain. Many people forget this one, but you should always wash your shower curtain at least once a month! Not only will it keep your bathroom looking fresh and clean, it will help remove any mold spores that could potentially grow and wreak havoc on the material.
- NEVER leave damp laundry on the floor. Or any laundry for that matter. When damp laundry is left on the floor, it creates the perfect breeding ground for mold spores. It also can ruin your clothes!
- Repair any water leaks. If any drains, faucets, or pipes are leaking water, it creates a constant source of moisture for mold to live on and grow from. Fix leaks immediately to reduce the chances of mold.
SERVPRO Helps You Prevent Mold Growth in Bathroom in Riverside, CA.
If you find mold, or suspect you may have mold in your home, give SERVPRO of West Riverside City a call and we will come inspect it for you. 951-351-8033